If you have invested in a lawn sprinkler system, you know that they aren't cheap. It is only logical that you would want to protect your investment. Maintaining your sprinkler system is fairly easy since it only requires routine maintenance and seasonal check-up which you can really do yourself. We also recommend checking if the city you live in has an annual professional test requirement. In the event that it does, we recommend setting this up during the month of your birthday in order to help you remember.
The following tips will help you maintain your sprinkler system without breaking the bank or having to hire outside help:
- Inspect the sprinklers frequently for any broken sprinkler heads. Replace them if necessary.
- Run the system and place tin cans in order to gauge how much water is being received by your lawn. If for any reason there is low flow, check the sprinkler heads for cracks. You can also clean them by changing the filters.
- Adjust the sprinkler heads so that they don't water the sidewalk or go into your neighbor's yard. Don't step on them. Adjustments should always be made with a screwdriver.
- Drain the entire system before winter hits to avoid freeze damage.
- Check the controller if power is lost. This usually means that the controller needs to be reset.
If you would like to know more information on how to maintain a sprinkler system or need landscaping services, please feel free to contact us. As our customer, you are our first priority. Happy Gardening!
Back To Articles
Request a free quote today.
Call us at (805) 573-0809